Special note for the readers of the Guardian's "Snakes are Evil" article.

This post is for those of you coming in from the Guardian article.

From what Sitemeter keeps telling me, I seem to have become the world wide poster boy for bad grammar on the Internet.  Though that distinction can't be beat for getting hits on a web page, it does hurt a little. In the absence of time to correct some of what is wrong,  I've made another post on the original SEGA Total War forum page in which I introduced the Bloody Pageant of History to the world (it's my fourth post, further down the page.)  It explains some my feelings about grammar and clarifies what I am doing in this web site. (And yes, it too has grammatical errors.  The forum interface makes it awkward to correct posts.).  The short version: while I really do care about grammar, given my limited time I'd much rather add new content then constantly fix old content. I find that I can never finish correcting mistakes, and the even the process of correcting mistakes may add new mistakes.          

No comments:

Post a Comment